The “H2020 Regional Middle East Info-Day” was held by Iranian Association for Management of Technology (IRAMOT) in cooperation with MERID project partners on December 15, 2015 in Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran with the presence of some representatives of MERID partners and more than 50 Iranian participants from different organizations and institutions which were involved in STI sectorsin Iran.
Here are some of the organizations that participated in this meeting:
· Vice Presidency for Science and Technology,
· Ministry of Science, Research and Technology,
· Ministry of Petroleum,
· Ministry of Industries, Mines and Trade,
· Ministry of Health and Medical Education-Pasteur Institute of Iran,
· Innovation and Flourishing Foundation,
· Technology Development Foundation,
· Center for Innovation and Technology Cooperation,
· Tehran Urban Planing and Reseach Centre,
· Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology
· Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences,
· The Research Center of New Technologies in Life Science Engineering of Tehran University,
· Agriculture Biotechnology Research of Iran,
· Vice Presidency for Science and Technology- Headquarters of Development of Nanotechnology,
· Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science,
At the beginning of the conference each of the participants introduces themselves and their organizations. Then Mr. Ghadiri (Managing Director of IRAMOT) welcomed to all participants and briefly described the event and role of IRAMOT in MERID Project. After that, Dr. Mahdi Elyasi (Deputy of Policy Making and Strategic Evaluation of Vice Presidency for Science and Technology) described the goals and opportunities of taking part in these kinds of international programs for Iranian organizations. Then Mr. Hribar and Mr.Bonas presented the MERID project and opportunities in H2020 program for Iranian STI actors and also let everyone ask their questions in regard to the project.
This event was held along with MERID project’s objectives in order to understand the status of Science, Research and Technology in Iran and to explore and enhance collaboration opportunities between Iranian STI actors and EU countries under H 2020 program.